Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
© Learning Resource Centre, William Angliss Institute. 555 La Trobe Street, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000 I t: 03 96062237 I e: firstname.lastname@example.org
LRC Opening hours & contacts (During COVID)
LRC and After-Hours Access Area
From Thursday 6th August until further notice.
We will keep you up-to-date with any last minute changes to opening hours via the LRC webpage and other signage in the LRC.
t: 9606 2237
Welcome to the LRC
For Semester 2, and during the Lockdown period , the LRC would like to inform WAI Community of some of the changes to our services and facilities:
FAQs on how to access the electronic resources off-campus and online study, and information on book returns/renewals for WAI users.
- NO MORE FINES... what does it mean -
- No fines for overdue material. Instead, overdue items will attract demerit points for being late up to a threshold of 1000 points.
- Any long-term overdue items and/or accrued demerit points over 1000 points will result in computer and network privileges being disabled (e.g. myWAI, Moodle, e-resource access on and off campus) and a SMS sanction being applied.
- Items which are never returned or are reported as lost will still attract fines i.e. the replacement cost of the item(s) plus an administrative fee.
- APA Referencing style - See Referencing style APA tab for updates.
- LRC After-hours access
The Quiet Zone section within the LRC (Library) is the dedicated space for our users to access computers, printing and photocopying services only, outside of the main opening hours. This area will be unstaffed outside of the main opening hours. For more up-to-date on the hours and more information, visit the LRC Homepage.
This will assist those students who may experience difficulty in doing video classes on campus.
Laptops are for on-campus use only and cannot be booked. They come with a charger and cables and must be returned by the student by 4:45 pm on the same day they are borrowed.
FICTION Collection - is now located in the Quiet Zone section. Any fiction suggestion is welcome and will be considered. Have a browse and you might find a gem ...
The Journal and Magazine Collection - Most of the journals and magazines are now located in one spot in the middle of the LRC, so the WAI users can browse to their hearts' content.