Information about WAI subscription journals and magazines.
Online access - how to access online articles and journals
On campus - Click on the link
Off campus - Click on the link and access with your Student Number/Staff Number and your Password
Included are -
1. Alphabetical Title Listing (below) - click on a title to go to the appropriate Subject tab
2. Archive Journal Listing (below) - journals held in our Archive collection - academic, continuing and discontinued journals - please see LRC staff for access.
3. Academic Tab (above) - provides access online to our academic peer-reviewed not for loan journals with full-text articles and/or abstracts, contents and bibliographies.
4. Subject tabs (above) - detailed information about each title. Browse tabs for appropriate titles. Information includes Dewey Number, holdings, e-journals, and content topics.
5. Links - in the Subject tabs above, there are links to online journals, articles and websites.
Monthly updates in the Monthly News section can be found below the cover photos.
The news is updated every one to two months. The section provides up-to-date information about our journals and magazines.
All the important current issues relating to our magazines. Latest arrivals, changes, publication details, formats and events are highlighted.
AUGUST 2019 NEWS
Information for students and staff about the journals and magazines in the William Angliss Institute Learning Resource Centre.
Included here are updates to new journals, changes to publications and information on online access to various resources.
Australiian Hotelier July 2019; Foodservice News July 2019; Australian Meat News July 2019;
Business Traveller - July/August 2019 Location PER 338.479 15 BUS Articles featured in this new edition look at the following:
1. Flinders Ranges in South Australia travelling in luxury vehicles and staying in luxury accommodation;
2. Burn Out - looking at research into international travel and the repercussions of an individual's mindset determines their experience of business travel;
3. Hong Kong Lounge Guide - A comprehensive guide to the who can access each lounge, facilities, what's it like, location and opening hours.
4. Upfront - latest news on a wide range of issues that are important for business travellers - flights, airlines, hotels, food and deals.
Decanter - July 2019 Location PER 641.22 DEC The magazine looks at the important issues affecting the wine industry across the globe.
1. The latest news including the wine trade support Notre Dame fund;
2. Articles by Andrew Jefford (Decanter contributor and Author) and Elin McCoy (journalist and author who writes for Bloomberg News);
3. Andy Howard MW (Decanter contributing editor and DWWA judge) looks "My top 30: carbonic maceration reds." Carbonic maceration involves the fermentation of uncrushed grapes or whole bunches.
4. "Climate Change: time to act" - article written by Rupert Joy (a former diplomat, international consultant and occasional wine writer). Rupert believes wine production can have considerable environmental impact, so the industry needs to lead by example in addressing a global issue.
5. Explore Spain's undiscovered whites" looks at Spain's wide diversity of terroirs and innovation winemaking meaning that there is great quality in the modern white wine styles according to Sarah Jane Evans MW (co-Chair of the DWWA and the author of "The Wines of Northern Spain').
6. Other topics covered include Alsace Rieslings, interview with Jamie Kutch, Californian winemaker at Kutch Wines,Italian Prosecco and the producer profile looking at Wakefield Estate of the Taylor family in the Claire Valley South Australia.
7. Travel section looks at Greece wine, in particular the island of Santorini with a growing thriving wine industry.
1. Big Interview - Huntley Mitchell writes about John O'Sullivan, the former Managing Director of Tourism Australia and the new CEO of Experience Co. This indepth article discusses the indelible mark left on Tourism Australia since he joined in 2014. His major campaign for Tourism Australia was the 'Dundee' campaign which was a $36 million marketing push inspired by Crocodile Dundee.
2. 5 Things I've Learned - a 5 point quick read from Greg McCallum, Sales Director at Entire Travel Group. Greg looks at 5 important things to improved business and the working environment. Includes great teams; decisions, hiring people with the right attitude, embrace change and the importance of health and wellbeing.
3. Visit Britain is encouraging tourists to visit other parts of Britain than just London. Yorkshire and Northern Wales are 2 areas that are being promoted.
4. South Australia is being promoted to travel agents with information about how to sell it to clients.
5. South Africa, Turkey and French Polynesia are popular destinations for clients.
1. Hear it through the Grapevine - the latest news from the local wine industry.
2. Meet the Winemakers - Meg Brodtmann (Helen & Joey Estate); Axel Friend (Narkoojee Winery & Restaurant); Richard Tallis (Tallis Wine)
3. A Visit to the Valley - a look at the Goulburn Valley
4. Blending the Rules - about blending wines.
5. The Future is Green - why winemakers and connisseurs are opting for natural, organic wine.
6. Simply Spanish - authentic recipes from the wine cellars, kitchens and tapas bars of Barcelona.
CIM Convention & Incentive Marketing (online)
Gastronomica (old print issues. Now online)
Lucky Peach - (Old issues available. Ceased publication 2017)