Information about WAI subscription journals and magazines.
Online access - how to access online articles and journals
On campus - Click on the link
Off campus - Click on the link and access with your Student Number/Staff Number and your Password
Included are -
1. Alphabetical Title Listing (below) - click on a title to go to the appropriate Subject tab
2. Archive Journal Listing (below) - journals held in our Archive collection - academic, continuing and discontinued journals - please see LRC staff for access.
3. Academic Tab (above) - provides access online to our academic peer-reviewed not for loan journals with full-text articles and/or abstracts, contents and bibliographies.
4. Subject tabs (above) - detailed information about each title. Browse tabs for appropriate titles. Information includes Dewey Number, holdings, e-journals, and content topics.
5. Links - in the Subject tabs above, there are links to online journals, articles and websites.
Monthly News can be found below the cover photos.
The news is updated every one to two months. Provides up-to-date information about our journals and magazines.
All the important current issues relating to our magazines. Changes, publication details, formats and events are highlighted.
FEBRUARY/MARCH 2018 NEWS
WELCOME TO WILLIAM ANGLISS INSTITUTE FOR 2018
Information for students and staff about the journals and magazines in the William Angliss Institute Learning Resource Centre.
Included here are updates to new journals, changes to publications and information on online access to various resources.
Conde Nast Traveller - the March issue is all about Italy. Information about out-of-the-way amazing places to visit, exotic food, must try restaurants and cafes and small museums, galleries and churches that should be on the itinerary.
Changes to Journals
Tourism Culture & Communication - Academic Journal - will now be published 4 times per year.
Vogue Living - the size has changed - it is now slightly larger in size.
Slow Magazine - appears to have ceased publication since June 2017
Cuisine (N.Z) - Fairfax Media have sold Cuisne to the former Editor Kelli Brett and the Sales Manager, Vanessa Stranan, now of Slick & Sassy Media Ltd., Auckland N.Z.
Cancelled Journal Subscriptions 2018
Spa + Clinic; Spa Business and Medical Spas have now been cancelled.
New Journals in 2017
During 2017 health and wellbeing have become the focus with awareness being raised of the need to be well to be able to function productively for study, work and at home. The Institute has Wellness and Counselling Support available for students. There are a number of magazines relating to health and fitness already in our collection and we have added 2 new ones -
Other Media Sources
There is a new tab that gives you information on Blogs, Websites, Podcasts, Apps and e-journals that relate to our areas of study.
Check them out at Blogs, websites and podcasts
CIM Convention & Incentive Marketing (online)
Gastronomica online only
Spa Business (subscription ceased)
Spa + Clinic (subscription ceased)
Spa Management (publication ceased)